Shred chicken fast in a mixer

This is ridiculous. Ridicuously awesome. I love life hacks like this:
You can shred chicken in a mixer. In about 40 seconds. MIND = BLOWN.

So don’t waste time trying to get your chicken shredded with two forks. It might not seem that tedious but Josiah and I always hate that job and try to get out of it.

I took pictures and even a video. YES A VIDEO! It’s terrible though, so enjoy it by laughing at it. It’s at the end.

You’ll need: A mixer with the white flat beater guy.

You also need: Some cooked, still warm, meat. We did chicken. I’m sure you could make some great pulled pork sandwiches this way! NOTE: Your meat needs to be warm! If it’s cold, it could hurt your mixer.

Turn the mixer on the first or second setting. I turned mine higher for a second and chicken started flying out… ha. So don’t do it too high!

After 30 seconds to a minute, you should have some lovely shredded chicken. Bask in it’s glory, and then go make something awesome with it!

Don’t believe me that you can get shredded chicken from your mixer? I filmed it. I’m terrible at video so excuse… everything blurry. It gets… less blurry at the end. You can even see steam coming off the chicken!

go get shredded.

2018-06-23T13:27:23+00:00

1. Lauren July 3, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Just did a WHOLE pork tenderloin and it was AWESOME!

2. Stacy August 15, 2012 at 1:07 pm

I love love love this tip, however am a little grossed out by the slapping, squishy sounds of the warm chicken in the mixer bowl. Love meat but hate the processing part of meat eating. I’ll make sure I have headphones in with music while doing this so I’m not hurling while trying to make a fantastic dinner for the fam. Thanks mucho!

3. leah September 3, 2012 at 11:59 am

Oh my… a new use excuse for me to use my mixer…im in heaven :)

4. Allison October 17, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Just remember to bone the stuff first!
    I use my 20 QT Hobart (a giant Kitchen Aid)to cut butter into pie dough. I make enough for 3-4 double crust pies. 0=;-)

5. Kellie November 13, 2012 at 2:40 pm

I’m so jealous…I don’t have a stand mixer.

6. […] shredding my chicken in the stand mixer that was out and ready because of my tortilla making I assembled my enchiladas.  I always use more […]

7. Ander March 4, 2013 at 1:10 am

Or, stop eating meat altogether—how about that?

Animal foods really aren’t necessary. My family and I haven’t eaten meet for 20 years. We just eat a good selection of veggies, fruit, grains, nuts and seeds, and we’re in super health and feel terrific. We have a collection of no-meat cookbooks that make each meal a real treat.

Skipping meat is much better for our planet, too. Did you know it takes TEN times the resources to raise a pound of animal protein as it does a pound of veg. protein? There’s a terrible problem with animal waste containment, too; every time you hear about harmful bacteria in a water supply, it’s bound to be from food-animal waste—there’s just so much of it!

Finally, it’s much CHEAPER to skip meat. Meat’s always the most expensive food you can buy. Save up your extra dough for a family holiday!

Thanks for considering this. Cheers, Ander

8. Lou April 25, 2013 at 7:09 pm

This was fantastic-thank you!

9. Tandoori Chicken Salad April 26, 2013 at 6:33 am

[…] source […]

10. Sarah May 15, 2013 at 6:03 pm

This is the most amazing thing ever, I use it to mace fajitas!

11. Sarah May 15, 2013 at 6:05 pm

I liked Mandy on facebook!

12. Sarah May 15, 2013 at 6:06 pm

I favorited Mandy on my Etsy!

13. Catherine Michalk May 15, 2013 at 9:20 pm

This is seriously by favorite tip on your blog. It has saved me so much time in my life. Also every time someone says Kitchen Aid I tell them about it.

14. Danielle May 19, 2013 at 11:21 pm

I use this tip all the time. Best tip ever! I love your simple tips that I actually can use.