2 ingredient cookies – plus the mix-ins of your choice!

I’ve spent weeks making sure this recipe is fool proof. It was also an amazing excuse to make these at least once a week…. for 5 weeks in a row.

I present you with:

The TWO ingredient cookie

Yes. For real. Two ingredients. (Yes, you can add other things if you want… but you don’t HAVE to!) I made this up after seeing a “healthy breakfast cookie” that wanted me to add eggs, applesauce, baking soda, etc and I said NO!

And also, I hate those “two/three ingredient” recipes where one of the ingredients is a boxed cookie mix. and the other is a can of pie filling. CMON PEOPLE.

Ingredients:

2 large old bananas
1 cup of ¬†oats (quick or regular! if you use regular, we’d suggest chopping them a little so everything holds together better)

Mix those two together. Old bananas are amazing for this, but you can use fresh ones too. I buy a bunch of bananas, let them get old on my counter, and then stick ’em all in the freezer.

Then add in what sounds yummy to you! (or nothing!) We love:
-a handful of chocolate chips
-crushed walnut pieces
-cinnamon
-raisins

Since all bananas are different sizes, the needed measurements can vary. If it seems too runny and the cookies would flatten out too much, add in more oatmeal. And make sure to not add in TOO many mix-ins as the cookies won’t hold together very well. The ones in these photos have a handful of chocolate chips, a teaspoon or two or cinnamon, and 1/4ish a cup of crushed walnuts.

We made 16 cookies with those measurements. We cook them at 350 degrees for 15 minutes on a GREASED cookie sheet. Don’t forget the greased part…. I did once and had to scrub my pan forever.

pre-mixing.

post-mixing. You can still see the chunks of ‘nanas.

pre-cooking.

post-cooking. check out those walnut chunks!

These cookies taste most amazing right out of the oven. But still great later. I wouldn’t even know if they taste great 2 days later because they’ve never lasted that long.

Sometimes we’ll make 16 “cookies”. And we’ll eat them all for lunch. I know what you’re thinking… WOW lauren you’re gonna be 500 pounds if you keep eating 8 cookies. But think about what went in these cookies! If I ate 8 cookies, I’ve had: 1 banana, 1/2 cup of oats, and half a handful of chocolate chips and walnuts. Amazing. Leave out the chocolate chips and they are all health.

Why this recipe is awesome? I’m terrible at eating regular oatmeal. But I’m EXCELLENT at eating cookies!

I hope you like these. We love them. Tell us what random “mix-ins” you’d add!!

Follow us for instagram for updates! instagram.com/theburlapbag

(p.s. check out our “autumn” 2 ingredient cookie!)

(p.p.s. and now check out our summer 2 ingredient cookie!)

2018-12-01T12:12:17+00:00

1. easydunya January 13, 2016 at 12:24 pm

Going to make em now, adding linseed and chiaseeds.

2. Dawn January 14, 2016 at 12:31 am

Made these today after reading all the comments.
    OMG they are awesome! Thank you. :)
    I only added some Lindt dark chocolate.

3. binderya January 17, 2016 at 5:59 am

Tried & tasted. Works beautifully. thank you for teaching this

4. juliet January 27, 2016 at 12:30 am

I used half a frozen banana (microwaved for 30 seconds), a drop of almond extract, cinnamon, quick oats and a few chopped walnuts. I rolled them into balls and flattened, placed on parchment and baked in the toaster oven. Couldn’t be easier, faster or more delicious. Next time I’ll add some flax seed meal or almond meal to boost the nutrition.

5. Cody January 29, 2016 at 1:57 pm

Good for our foods class :)

6. Sara February 2, 2016 at 2:35 pm

Great recipe! I only added in cinnamon and a bit of fine sea salt. I baked them five minutes longer. I think I will make them again and play with add-ins, flatten them & leave in longer. Great vegan snack. If I added some protein, would be a great alternative to pack on the go instead of buying Clif Bars all the time. Most of the comments I have read here have been very helpful as well. Thank you for posting this! I saw it on Pinterest. =)

7. Christine February 6, 2016 at 9:55 am

I love this recipe. My favorite add ins are: 3 ounces of plain Greek yogurt, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, choc chips, dried cherries, chopped walnuts and 1/2 teaspoon salt (to make the flavors pop). I bake them for 15 minutes because we like them a little bit chewy.

8. Hilda February 6, 2016 at 5:46 pm

I made 3 pans full. Walnuts, chocolate chip and cranraisen. Didn’t combine. Used seperate in each one. Love this recipe. I will experment with different ingredients next time. Thanks.

9. Erin February 20, 2016 at 7:27 pm

Loved the idea behind this recipe, except my first try the cookies came out super “gummy” and I’m not sure why :(

10. Molly February 21, 2016 at 2:36 pm

Oh! I was skeptical but thought I’d give them a try since I’ve been looking for healthier sweet snacks. I used 1 very ripe large banana, about 3/4 cup of quick oats, about 1/8 teas of cinnamon, a handful of chocolate chips and about 2 T of coconut flakes. They were great! No, they don’t have the texture of standard cookies (if banana could do that we’d have all abandoned butter ages ago!) but that doesn’t mean they aren’t delicious. I’m so happy to have something so simple and quick to make that doesn’t have added sugar or fake food ingredients.

Subscribe for news, discount codes on our silly candles and other fascinating info.