The autumn 2 ingredient cookie

If you’ve been reading our blog for awhile now, you know about our regular 2 ingredient cookie. I created this recipe right after that one – but I had to wait until it was PUMPKIN season to share it!! (and here’s our SUMMER 2 ingredient cookie!)

Last Saturday was the first day of autumn. So FINALLY, I can present you with:

The Autumn 2 Ingredient Cookie (plus the mix-ins of your choice!)

This recipe is pretty much exactly like the other 2 ingredient cookie. Except instead of bananas, you use PUMPKIN! yum x 1000000000. (unless you are one of those weirdos who hates pumpkin. which is fine, I guess. except that then you’ll HATE  these! they scream pumpkin!)

Ingredients:

1 cup quick oats
1 cup pure pumpkin

Plus whatever sounds yummy to you! (or nothing!) We love:
-a handful of chocolate chips
-crushed walnut pieces
-lots of PUMPKIN PIE SPICE! (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, etc.)

Steps:
1. Mix everything up! If you’re using a lot of “mix-ins”, you might need to add in more pumpkin so it’s not too dry.
2. On a greased cookie sheet, cook them for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees.
That is IT! Here’s some photos of the whole process in case you got super confused by those 2 steps:
Equal parts pumpkin and quick oats.

& mix it all up… with your mix-ins :)

Make cookie sized amounts onto a GREASED cookie sheet. (you’ll hate yourself later if you forget to grease it. Oatmeal is like glue!)
These puppies WILL NOT expand – so you can stick ’em pretty close together if you want.

then, cook for 12ish minutes at 350 degrees. and DEVOUR!
Ours made 14 “cookies”, which will all be gone today. Which is ok, because these are healthy!

There ya have it. The perfect, healthy autumn cookie.

2018-06-21T16:11:30+00:00

1. Lesley September 29, 2013 at 11:04 am

this is a great find! thanks! worked like a charm and you can eye ball it and use what you want! great base!

2. Stephanie October 4, 2013 at 10:42 am

does anybody now calories per cookie?

3. May October 4, 2013 at 11:28 am

These look great! I’m going to try the banana ones for now, and then when pumpkins appear (it’s not really pumpkin time here yet, I don’t think) I’ll see if I can get hold of one. Stephanie, to work out the calories per cookie just get the calories for the oats and pumpkin you’re using, and the calories for whatever else you’re adding in, add them up and divide by number of cookies!

4. Cindy October 7, 2013 at 6:45 pm

I just tried your receipe :) They were a tad bland. The second batch I added brown sugar..they were a tad better. I’m thinking next time to use the pumpkin pie filling and the oats.

5. Shelby October 12, 2013 at 9:41 am

I can’t wait to try this recipe! Can we use old fashioned oats or do we have to use the quick oats?

6. Kesha October 20, 2013 at 1:22 pm

OMG! I am SO glad I found this recipe and the banana one too! It was quick, healthy and tasty. I made the banana one yesterday with a 1/4c walnuts (finely chopped) and cinnamon and it was delicious. I’m trying the pumpkin one today. Thank you!!

7. Seth November 1, 2013 at 7:29 pm

For a less dense, softer chew, I added 1/4 plain yogurt. I also added 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon sugar. I preferred this to the bland, dense product of only the 2 ingredients, with or without chocolate chips.

8. Anne Maire January 11, 2014 at 7:47 am

I made these with my grandchildren (ages 2 and 4) at Christmas time. They loved them and they were easy enough for them to help. This will be a Christmas tradition.

9. Bob February 2, 2014 at 6:54 pm

Just made these tonight. I used 1 cup instant oatmeal, 1 1/4 cups pumpkin, 2 tbs dark choc chips, 1 tbs walnuts plus cinnamon and nutmeg. The extra pumpkin made up for the extra goodies. Not a bad cookie and my wife is diabetic so we calculated it out. I made 20 cookies and they are about 30 calories each, 5 grams of carbs and 2 grams of sugar. Not a bad snack and when I make them again I may add some Stevia and vanilla extract. Thank you for posting this and I am looking forward to trying them with bananas.

10. Sara February 28, 2014 at 9:48 pm

My first try was super bland even with chocolate chips, walnuts, Vietnamese cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. I’m now adding a spoonful of honey and sugar. It much more delicious. I love the banana 2 ingredient cookies. I wonder if you did half banana and half pumpkin if that would sweeten it?

11. karuna September 27, 2014 at 2:30 am

I loved wht u wrote!!! Thnxx :D

12. Carly January 13, 2015 at 7:46 pm

Made the banana version and the pumpkin ones today! I did half of the banana ones with frozen blueberries and cinnamon and the other half with frozen raspberries (cut in pieces) and a smidge of vanilla extract. When the raspberry ones were done I did a swirl of chocolate syrup on top. With the pumpkin ones I used pumpkin pie spice, a bit of maple syrup, a half tbsp of brown sugar, and some white chocolate chips. They smell delicious! Just waiting on them to cool. Thank you so much for these recipes! This makes my diet so much better!

13. Ashley April 7, 2015 at 9:06 pm

I did this so they would be sweet: I figured out that 1 cup of pumpkin equals 244 grams so I used my food scale put in 1 banana and then made up the difference with pumpkin so there wouldn’t be too much wet ingredients to dry oatmeal. I cooked for 10 minutes and then flipped over for 10 minutes more. I used two dashes of Pumpkin Pie Spice. I love them!

14. Sandj January 19, 2016 at 11:49 am

I want to try a apple or 2! Will try the peach! Love this!