The autumn 2 ingredient cookie

September 25, 2012 by Lauren

If you've been reading our blog for awhile now, you know about our regular 2 ingredient cookie. I created this recipe right after that one – but I had to wait until it was PUMPKIN season to share it!! (and here’s our SUMMER 2 ingredient cookie!)

Last Saturday was the first day of autumn. So FINALLY, I can present you with:

The Autumn 2 Ingredient Cookie (plus the mix-ins of your choice!)

This recipe is pretty much exactly like the other 2 ingredient cookie. Except instead of bananas, you use PUMPKIN! yum x 1000000000. (unless you are one of those weirdos who hates pumpkin. which is fine, i guess. except that then you’ll HATE  these! they scream pumpkin!)

Ingredients:

1 cup quick oats
1 cup pure pumpkin

Plus whatever sounds yummy to you! (or nothing!) We love:
-a handful of chocolate chips
-crushed walnut pieces
-lots of PUMPKIN PIE SPICE! (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, etc.)

Steps:
1. Mix everything up! If you’re using a lot of “mix-ins”, you might need to add in more pumpkin so it’s not too dry.
2. On a greased cookie sheet, cook them for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees.
That is IT! Here’s some photos of the whole process in case you got super confused by those 2 steps:
Equal parts pumpkin and quick oats.

& mix it all up… with your mix-ins :)

Make cookie sized amounts onto a GREASED cookie sheet. (you’ll hate yourself later if you forget to grease it. Oatmeal is like glue!)
These puppies WILL NOT expand – so you can stick ‘em pretty close together if you want.

then, cook for 12ish minutes at 350 degrees. and DEVOUR!
Ours made 14 “cookies”, which will all be gone today. Which is ok, because these are healthy!

There ya have it. The perfect, healthy autumn cookie.

1. When you say quick oats, are you talking about the regular kind that comes in the cylindrical package? Or the super-quick kind that comes in little paper envelopes and only need to be stirred up with hot water?

2. Bex says:

I don’t see what could be easier! The 1 ingredient cookie? I challenge anyone to come up with that one! Thanks!

3. ~amy~ says:

Okay,lovin’ your blog…gotta try this too:)

4. ashley says:

I am totally making this after work tonight! Hooray for fall and pumpkiny baked goods!

5. Giant Sis says:

Ok – I just made these and they are yummy! I added chocolate chips (because I love the pumpkin-chocolate combo) and a little ginger and cinnamon. I think my next batch, I will make sure the cookies are smaller and thinner – they were a little too chewy (but still good!). Definitely need a glass of milk with them! Thanks for the recipe!

6. Kara says:

Yum! So excited to make these! My daughter’s preschool class has children with both gluten and dairy allergies so these will be perfect for snacks!

7. Anne says:

Love, love, love the blog!
    And these cookies look so delicious.. Can’t decide whether to make the ones with pumpkin or bananas? Well, just have to make both :-)
    Do you know the nutrition/calories per cookie?

8. Linda says:

Can I use anything other than pumpkin ???

9. Hildy says:

I made these with applesauce instead of bananas (allergic to them) and they were great. Have the pumpkin version cooking now. Thanks!

10. Nancy Clouse says:

This is gonna be my go to cookie recipe because my husband needs good snacks. and no added sweetner would be good for his diabetes.

11. Gloria says:

Thanks for sharing your recipes! I pinned this one, plus your other two ingredient cookie recipe. Can’t wait to try the banana one!
    Best,
    Gloria

12. Laura says:

These recipes sound so good. I’m diabetic and good, healthy cookies are hard to find. I just bought a silk mat (or pad). Something you use to bake on and is not supposed to stick. I was wondering if I used that could the greasing of the pan be eliminated.

13. Lorraine says:

LOVE this! I am SOOOO with you on hating “3 ingredient recipes” when one of the items is a boxed mix or a frozen entree. UGH! Thanks so much for these HONEST TRULY “2 ingredient” recipes! Wonderful! ! ! ! !

14. Kristina says:

I tried this recipe. It was like baked oatmeal. Is that how the texture is supposed to be like?

15. Jess says:

Two words: PARCHMENT. PAPER. !!!! No need to grease!

16. Melodie says:

I am going to try these with sweet potatoes/yams (a little less oats and maybe a few drops of water). Not the canned version. I will bake mine…one for dinner and 1 (or 2 depending on size) for cookies. I’ll let you know! BTW, loved the banana version!!! Such a great cookie that with a little imagination can go anywhere!!!

17. Lorraine says:

tried crushed pineapple and coconut. . .with pecan and choc versions! TOOOOO yummy! (My family isn’t into cooked bananas or pumpkin, so I decided to get creative. I think this can be expanded into almost any direction. Thanks for the basic idea!

18. Eileen says:

What a great idea–fast, healthy, tasty–will try!

19. Bridget says:

Thanks for this. Made them for my baby, who wants to feed himself but is too little to use a spoon. It’s like his cereal but something he can do. No mix ins for him of course.

20. Jules says:

Tried these today… Wasn’t as good as I thought. I added nuts and SF chocolate chips..bummer…they were bland. I’ll try the banana ones next.

21. Sharon says:

Was so excited with I found the 2 ingredient cookie (banana+oatmeal), then discovered the (pumpkin+oatmeal) so now I’m wondering about (peanut butter+oatmeal+raisins). And I love the idea of having a real use for leftover yams at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Thanks much. If you come up with more 2 ingredient cookies please send to my email addy. Thanks!

22. judy says:

Was wondering if I should add agave or something when i do the pumpkin version…..the banana was awesome?

23. kelly says:

So NOT waiting for fall to make these!! Pumpkin is mine, and my husbands favorite and this will make it guiltless. YAY!

24. Kai says:

I’ve been looking for a way to get rid of both my instant oats and my pumpkin premix. I’m going to try it as a pancake recipe next.

Oh, and oats are not gluten-free unless specifically marked and certified! Oat and wheat are often grown, harvested, and milled together- we have a farm and our oats and wheat are always next to each other. I also have gluten-sensitive family, so know this from experience.

25. DJ says:

OMG U R pure genius!! :)
    I’ve made the banana ones when I saw the recipe on FB before, but forgot the temp & time required so googled and found your original recipe & the link to this one….dang I wouldn’t have used up my pumpkin for pasta yesterday if I’d seen this! can’t wait to try it.
    I just use raw muesli, as it already has fruity/nutty mix-ins mixed in ;)how lazy is That?! :D

26. Erica says:

Must’ve made them too big – insides are just mushy pumpkinny oatmealy yuck. Have flattened them & put them back in the oven…. Hoping to rescue them. Used far more ‘pumpkin pie’-type spice than I thought necessary too & really couldn’t taste much aside from the warm pumpkin taste… Retch.

27. Erica says:

Update: flattened, baked, turned over, baked. dear Lord those were foul. All of my ‘cookies’ are now in the bin where they belong.. Having a greengage to cleanse my palate.

28. Denise says:

Love these. I added extremely fine pecan meal and baked them in the Advantiuum oven using power levels: Upper level 10, lower level 2, microwave 1 on the metal pan sprayed with baking spray. Not only easy but did not heat up the kitchen either.

29. Lesley says:

this is a great find! thanks! worked like a charm and you can eye ball it and use what you want! great base!

30. Stephanie says:

does anybody now calories per cookie?

31. May says:

These look great! I’m going to try the banana ones for now, and then when pumpkins appear (it’s not really pumpkin time here yet, I don’t think) I’ll see if I can get hold of one. Stephanie, to work out the calories per cookie just get the calories for the oats and pumpkin you’re using, and the calories for whatever else you’re adding in, add them up and divide by number of cookies!

32. Cindy says:

I just tried your receipe :) They were a tad bland. The second batch I added brown sugar..they were a tad better. I’m thinking next time to use the pumpkin pie filling and the oats.

33. Shelby says:

I can’t wait to try this recipe! Can we use old fashioned oats or do we have to use the quick oats?

34. Kesha says:

OMG! I am SO glad I found this recipe and the banana one too! It was quick, healthy and tasty. I made the banana one yesterday with a 1/4c walnuts (finely chopped) and cinnamon and it was delicious. I’m trying the pumpkin one today. Thank you!!

35. Seth says:

For a less dense, softer chew, I added 1/4 plain yogurt. I also added 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon sugar. I preferred this to the bland, dense product of only the 2 ingredients, with or without chocolate chips.

36. Anne Maire says:

I made these with my grandchildren (ages 2 and 4) at Christmas time. They loved them and they were easy enough for them to help. This will be a Christmas tradition.

37. Bob says:

Just made these tonight. I used 1 cup instant oatmeal, 1 1/4 cups pumpkin, 2 tbs dark choc chips, 1 tbs walnuts plus cinnamon and nutmeg. The extra pumpkin made up for the extra goodies. Not a bad cookie and my wife is diabetic so we calculated it out. I made 20 cookies and they are about 30 calories each, 5 grams of carbs and 2 grams of sugar. Not a bad snack and when I make them again I may add some Stevia and vanilla extract. Thank you for posting this and I am looking forward to trying them with bananas.

38. Sara says:

My first try was super bland even with chocolate chips, walnuts, Vietnamese cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. I’m now adding a spoonful of honey and sugar. It much more delicious. I love the banana 2 ingredient cookies. I wonder if you did half banana and half pumpkin if that would sweeten it?