The summer 2 ingredient cookie

June 17, 2013 by Lauren

2 ingredient cookie – which I made up because I was sick of all the “healthy” cookies that still had like a thousand “mandatory” ingredients. I decided to come up with one that only had 2 mandatory ingredients – – and then whatever delicious mix-ins you want!

And YES. I know. I know. I know. I know that there are more than 2 ingredients in my cookie. Thank you for letting me know in the comments like a thousand times – I did graduate kindergarden and even college and can count past 2! It’s a miracle. But the base is just 2 ingredients – plus YOUR choice of more, if you want.

Ok enough Lauren rambling. We’ve modified the recipe for summer – since PEACHES are so abundant! Here’s the goods:

The Summer 2 ingredient cookie – (plus the mix-ins of your choice!)

The Summer 2 Ingredient Cookie - The Burlap Bag da 2 ingredients – equal parts:

peaches (pureed or mashed up a lot)
oatmeal (quick oats or regular!)

and then whatever other ingredients you want! Options that sound great: walnuts, brown sugar, chocolate chips, cinnamon, sea salt,  coconut flakes, pecans, raisins, smothered with nutella or peanut butter right before you eat…… or whatever else you want!

Our favorites (same in our original 2 ingredient cookie and our autumn 2 ingredient cookie) to mix in are cinnamon, chocolate chips, and nuts.

The Summer 2 Ingredient Cookie - The Burlap Bag

Steps:

1. Mix everything up! Equal-ish parts of peaches and oatmeal.  If you’re using a lot of “mix-ins”, you might need to add in more peach goop (yes i just said goop in a recipe) so it’s not too dry.
2. On a greased cookie sheet, cook them for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees.  Obviously, cook longer if they are still a little mushy in the middle!
 Steps: 1. Mix everything up! If you’re using a lot of “mix-ins”, you might need to add in more pumpkin so it’s not too dry. 2. On a greased cookie sheet, cook them for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees.   That is IT! Here’s some photos of the whole process in case you got super confused by those 2 steps:
A few remarks:
-We put our peaches in the blender so the peaches would get real liquidy – but with a few nice peachy chunks here & there. I’m sure you could use canned peaches or peach pie filling! We even left the skins on – you can see the little pink pieces in the pictures.
-Quick oats definitely hold together better – but you can use regular oats if you’d like. I’d suggest chopping them up a little in a food processor/blender/on a cutting board so that they hold together better.
-do NOT forget to spray your pan (or use parchment paper). You’ll hate yourself if you forget/choose to ignore me. Oatmeal is like GLUE!
The Summer 2 Ingredient Cookie - The Burlap Bag
And as with a lot of recipes, this is a little bit of trial and error to best fit YOU!
Change the mix-ins, add in more peach, cook a little longer, turn your oven up more, make smaller cookies, smush the cookie “dough” down, etc.
The Summer 2 Ingredient Cookie - The Burlap Bag
Also, you should probably put these in the fridge within a couple of hours. The peach keeps them pretty moist, which means they could mold fast. Or, bright idea, just eat ’em!
Tell us what mix-ins you’ve thought of! And no telling me that these have more than 2 ingredients, seriously. :)

1. Roberta says:

I’m bakeing the banana recipe now..The aroma is wonderful..

2. Lisa G says:

Can’t wait to try this one – going to get some peaches tonight!! I love the banana and the pumpkin ones already!!

3. My children loved these the time you posted the first recipe. I have experimented and added carrots along with the bananas and they loved those too, but I am excited to try this with peaches. I LOVE peaches! can’t wait!

4. Julie says:

This looks good! Have you tried with the not quick oats? Can’t wait to try!

Julie – Yes, when we first made it with peaches, we used regular oats. They didn’t hold together as well, so I’d suggest chopping them up a bit, but they were still great!

6. Casey says:

This sounds delicious! I’m excited to try this recipe. I’ll have to make a special trip to my local peach orchard soon :)

7. Alyssa Kaylee says:

What??! I need to try this!

8. Kristen says:

I have peaches in my freezer! Gonna try this ASAP.

9. EdKorho says:

I’ve always used a silicone sheet for recipes like this. No need for grease and nothing ever sticks :)

10. leti says:

So simple it makes u wonder why u didn’t think of it first……can’t wait to try!!

11. Tina says:

How about a hybrid? Banana and peach cookies, or banana and blueberry! :)

12. Lowkie says:

These look so yummy! Can’t wait to try!

13. Theresa says:

Delish! I discovered your site through this recipe. Wanted to eat something yummy, but healthy and wouldn’t take too long to put together! Thanks!! :)

14. Catherine Harris-Rowell says:

I tried the banana recipe with my daughter, and we put in raisins, and pecans. We had a tall glass of almond milk with the cookies and we couldnt stop eating them. I have added coconut flakes, sunflower seeds, think I want to see how apples would work.

15. Sammi Jo says:

I absolutely love these recipes! my 2 year old sons favorite is the banana and oatmeal with blueberries mixed in :)

16. Jess says:

I have made the banana ones a few times and they are amazing!!! I use a Silpat and therefore dont need to grease my pan. I can’t wait to try the pumpkin ones.. yum thanks for these awesome recipes. It definately helps with the sweet tooth.

17. Aliza says:

I got this email just in time before I was going to throw out an old mango and found mushy mango, shredded coconut, and chocolate chips to be great additions!

18. Marissa says:

Made them last night! Used walnuts, raisins, almonds, cinnamon, and brown sugar – Yummy!

19. Shanna says:

Just curious, have you tried these cookies with applesauce and oatmeal?

20. Shanna says:

Do you think this same idea would work with applesauce and oatmeal?

21. Shanna says:

……. or my tablet is dumb, and doesn’t show my posts, so I comment to many times, sorry about that

22. Ameerah says:

Lets see… I have a ton of fruit in the fridge that’s about to go bad and plain oatmeal in the cabinet. Ad I get to make cookies!?!? Win!

23. Kelly Boren says:

Made the banana ones they were a hit with my kids. Cant wait to try the others.

24. Borja says:

Great recipe!
    I didn’t have banananas, so I’m really thankful that they can be made with peaches.

By the way, I added some honey to the mix, and it tastes wonderfully.

Thanks for the recipe.

25. Has anyone made these with zuchinni? Always looking for a way to use them, it adds a lot of moisture so not sure how to balance

26. Caro says:

These sound heavenly. You know what I bet would be a terrific mix-in? Ginger. (Ginger + peach = sweet, spicy goodness)

27. Karen says:

Will be making the peach AND banana ones tomorrow – can’t wait to taste them!

28. sabina says:

I used chopped soya nuts (roasted and unsalted) with chocolate chips and formed them into bar shapes for the kids’ snack – easier to wrap I find. Made a dozen this way.

29. Kim says:

This looks like a yummy easy recipe. Definitely a must try and feature for my blog!

30. Eka says:

Can i make it with apples?

31. Donna Mayfield says:

Has anyone tried Oats and applesauce

32. Chey says:

I make the banana oatmeal ones regularly (in fact, I’m making them now) but now I can’t wait for peaches to be in season once again so I can try this variation.

Thanks for the inspiration!

33. Mary Kay says:

How about a “berry” good cookie? Handful of strawberries/blueberries/raspberries/blackberries mushed in blender until ALMOST pureed, then enough oats to make the ‘dough’. Healthful summer treat!

34. I have made the Banana Oatmeal Cookies many times with different addins. Love it!

35. Liisa Touati says:

Oat porridge doesn’t look inviting but this sure does. Thank you. Liisa with stomach problems

36. Olivia Zarnack says:

Made them this afternoon & felt so happy that I could eat a few without guilt because they are absolutely healthy & energizing!! And are delicious!!! Going to try with other bases like chunky applesauce, squash, etc. Thanks so much for sharing!!

37. Ann Walker says:

Just found your site. Liked the name The Burlap Bag -sounded “natural”. Anyway, I use raw oats, peanut butter, honey, vanilla flavoring, cinnamon. The last two are optional. They are so good. I will try adding an old banana just for a change. I do not cook them. I just roll them into a ball and refrigerate.

38. javi says:

I made the banana ones and i put a little of stevia .they were AMAZING!! So if yoy like a little bit more sweet that will do perfectly.
    Finally HEALTHY like really healthy recipes or ideas. Thanks

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.